Monday, December 14, 2009

Sick Puppy

Over the weekend Brian and I noticed that Hadley was drooling - something she doesn't normally do. It seemed to get worse on Sunday and by Monday morning it was quite extreme. When she woke up I saw that her blanket was soaked and her tail (she sleeps with it tucked under her chin) was sopping wet. I did a quick online search and checked with some dog-experienced friends. All agreed that this required a call to the vet.

Hadley's doctor found swollen gums and glands and a severe ear infection. She also took blood to see if anything else is going on and gave me medicine for her ears. So, how sick is she? Oh, about $300 worth. Honestly! I can't believe the cost of vet care.

Anyway, she'll be on medicine for the next 7 days and, hopefully, the drooling will stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment