Friday, June 19, 2009

Bath Time

I'd been nervous about giving her a bath and finally worked up the courage.  But, they say a dog can read your emotions and I was obviously not fooling her.  She began to cry and struggled to get away almost immediately and it was all I could do to restrain her.  Then she began to shiver so badly that I was actually afraid for her well-being.  I washed off as much of the soap as I could and rushed to dry her off.  Cradling her in a towel in my arms, I held her for a long time before she stopped shaking.

The next day Brian was over and I described the ordeal.  He has a firmer hand and calmer demeanor and he re-did the bath properly.  She still struggled and complained but must less severely.  Or maybe I was just calmer because my boyfriend was around.

No comments:

Post a Comment