Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Potty Box

Before bringing Hadley home, I'd decided that I was going to train her to use a litter box.  She's a small dog and I wanted to give her the option to go in the house whenever she needed to.  I spoke to lots of small dog owners who told me their dogs go both inside and outside.  I found articles about litter box training a dog and Petco sells the doggie litter boxes.

But now that she's home, I can see that the box I bought is too small.  It's the right size for her weight and dimensions and she can jump into it just fine but there's not enough room for her to do her weird potty circles.  I didn't know she'd need to do weird potty circles.  Hmm.

I did a quick search online and didn't find a larger box so I'm just not going to worry about it right now.  The box is in her pen next to the newspaper so I'm going to let her continue learning to go on the paper and not worry if she avoids the box.  I'll teach that to her later.

No comments:

Post a Comment