Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Thought Dogs Ate Pretty Much Anything

I thought it would be exciting to find out what she likes to eat but it's actually pretty frustrating.  I have the ASPCA's list of people foods that are bad for dogs on the refrigerator door but, other than that, it's fair game.  Hadley likes her dry puppy kibble enough to eat it but not enough to overeat it...which I guess is good.  But I bought her these beefy/bacon-ey training treats from the same company and she won't have them.  There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them, though, because I gave them to a friend and her puppy likes them fine.

So then I bought Hadley some peanut butter flavored biscuits from another well-known maker and she's not that interested in them either.  I'm all excited about teaching her to sit but I can't do that without a food treat.  Frustrating.  I gave her a little piece of chicken from my dinner and she seemed to think that was pretty yummy so I'll go to the store and see what chicken-ey flavored puppy treats they've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment